Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Thing #3

Over the past year Pinterest has become one of my best friends! Before I experienced Pinterest, I had only looked at maybe two blogs in my lifetime. Now I see the power in a good blog. There are many people that have great ideas to help people in different ways. My brother-in-law started a blog about youth ministry a little over two years ago. From his blog he has now written a book that was just published and spoke at several conferences. My blogging may never be as popular, but my ideas may help someone. As one teacher here at APSU (Austin Peay State University) once said, "As a good teacher you will beg, borrow, and steal ideas". The techniques and ideas I put on my blog may not all be originated by me, but I will give credit to whom credit is due. If anything I can post can and will help someone else, my job as a blogger will be fulfilled.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Andrea,
    I would use the blog for the students use. They are a part of the technology generation and should be able to express themselves using what they know about the world around them. Who knows they may even end up teaching us something about technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea. I would probably set up a separate one just for my class so parents and students can be involve. You are right! I am sure our students will be teaching us! Technology will just continue to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea,

    I am amazed of how many people blogs. I didn't think that blogging would be for me but my mind is changing. There is some really cool ideas that is shared for the world to see. I would be silly not to use blogging as a resource for curriculum ideas.

    ReplyDelete