Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thing #18 - Facebook

I am on Facebook and at one time during the summer my husband called me an addict. My Facebook Page
I can honestly say I do not know everyone well that is on my facebook considering there are 1,187 "friends" on there. There are very few of those that I have not met and that is only because they are some of my husbands family that I have not physically meet. In a way Facebook has become a tell everything site. Parents of some of your students may get on there and complain about you or hopefully bragging about what you are doing in the class. Younger students have facebook pages, that in my opinion are not mature enough for it. I can't say too much about that since I do have a fan page for my daughter. :) She has had multiple health issues and instead of befriending everyone under the sun so they could keep up with her, we made a fan page. I also help run three other organization pages. As a teacher I think it would possibly be appropriate to create a class page that current parents and students could be on that would be another place to find school work information and links for games that go along with the lessons. Most everyone will get on Facebook, but may not go to the school website for the information. I don't like twitter too much, but I really enjoy Facebook. It keeps me connected with friends and family. I have also got to know some of my peers better due to Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment